Box Mapping and The Points System
The Points System allows you to set up your box sizes and weights. You can also set up two groups of boxes, and specify which group of boxes items will use. For example, you might sell fishing poles, which are very long, however, by volume they may fit into a small box. However, due to their shape, they would need a very long box/tube. So you could set group 1 boxes to be standard size rectangular boxes, and group 2 to be long tubes.
- Configure your box mapping settings for each box size you plan on shipping.
Setting Up your products for use with the Points System
- Go to the summary page page and locate Your Items Summary
- Download your Product database in CSV format
- Open the Database file and locate the column labeled “item-points”
- Set your products “item-points” based on the products cubic volume or any other custom variable you plan on using to ship your items.
Save your database and upload it to the ASM Backend on the summary page
*Mac Users: please save your csv as MS-DOS Comma Separated(.csv)
Important note: If you are using multiple box groups you will have to format your products “item-points” to reflect your box groups. If a product will be assigned to box group one and has a point value of 100. the proper value would be “1=100” and for products that you want to be assigned to box group 2 you would input “2=(whatever the point value is for the product)"