Setting up Saturday Delivery
Let's go over the basic setup of Courier Calculated Shipping with Advanced Shipping Manager.
- Login to the ASM backend
- Navigate to the Shipping Rates page
- Click add new Shipping Rule
- Give your shipping Method a name. Most people prefer to name their methods something like “ground shipping” or “economy shipping” depending on your preferences name it what works best for your store. Remember this is what the customer will be seeing when they select the shipping method at checkout, make sure its descriptive!
- Select the countries that this rule will apply too, for this example we will be setting it up for All states within the United States so we select Inside > United States and for the state / province field we click the radio button “All / ignore” This way ASM will pull the availability directly from the courier. If your product is restricted from shipping to certain states due to local laws you can select the radio button “Choose” and then select the states that you wish to ship to by holding “ctrl” on your keyboard and clicking the states.
- on the Calculation Type field select “Real-Time Rates From a Courier” and select a Method that has Saturday Delivery as an option. For this example we will use FedEx Priority Overnight. Don't forget to select the Days that you want to make this option available!
- click save settings.
Congratulations! You have set up your first Saturday Delivery shipping method using Advanced Shipping Manager.
If you want to create more shipping methods using different couriers or methods start this process over but make sure you name the new method according to the type and method of your new rule, if you have 2 methods using the same name the settings will combine! If you're done setting up your shipping rules check out our article on Using the shipping estimator and Making ASM Live.